Your data, privacy and the Law. How we use your medical records
- This practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record .
- We may share some of your data with local out of hours / urgent or emergency care service
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical cytology and Diabetes prevention.
- Data about you, usually de-identified, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
- We share information when the law requires us to do, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
- We may also share medical records for medical research
Data Protection Officer contact details:
The Station Practice
Station Plaza Health Centre
Tel: 01424 464756
GDPR Children's Poster
Accessing Your Medical Records
Subject Access Request form
More policies will follow shortly for your information.
Privacy notice commisoning, planning, risk stratification
Privacy notice CQC
Privacy Notice Emergencies
Privacy notice National screening process
Privacy notice research explanation
Privacy notice summary care record
Privacy notification NHS digital
Privacy notification payments
Privacy notification public health
Privacy notification safeguarding
Supplementary privacy notice on COVID-19 for patients